MyTown Rec is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing a safe, healthy forum for kids to get together and have fun playing recreational sports. MyTown Rec is a volunteer-run, non-profit organization serving the children of our town. We offer youth sports programs for kids from 4 years old through their teenage years and we promote youth sports in our town and the County.
Our goals are to ensure that children have fun first and foremost. We also help them develop healthy bodies, positive attitudes, knowledge of team play, and socialization skills. Winning and losing are not the measures of our success; our interest is in developing the child’s long-range love of the sport.
MyTown Rec coaches serve as role models and mentors, helping to guide and educate the players about team sports. Coaches also help the children to gain self-confidence, increase their talents, and expand their athletic boundaries while correcting the player’s errors in a positive way. Coaches should ensure that kids enjoy the experience of playing sports.
The efforts and energies of our volunteers are directed to the following objectives:
• Making sure the kids have fun playing the game, teaching them courtesy, respect for authority, and to play the game with dignity and good sportsmanship.
• Building a quality development program that will result in highly competent coaches who understand the responsibilities entrusted to them, and will serve as role models for the very highest levels of good sportsmanship.
• Developing players so they can play at various levels of a sport by building and improving their skills, confidence, fitness, initiative and sense of teamwork.
• Promoting and encouraging the very highest standards of sportsmanship and fair play.
• Continuously investing in and improving safe playing and practice facilities in our town.